Monday, February 2, 2009

ahhhh.....stateside again


i'm back! got home on friday and proceeded to go to my day er, night job bartending at the hotel cafe. what was i thinking??? exhaustion aside, i made some much needed cash.

before i go about my usual routine, i want to post a few pictures from my trip. this little one on the left here was me dicking around outside my grandma's house. during our last trip into the country, we visited my mom's cousin's house. he has 6 daughters and one son, several of whom are married with children. all of these adults were milling about, but they mostly speak taiwanese so i have a hard time communicating with them, plus the big culture clash. i'm the "american cousin" and noone really knows how to interact with me very well.

at one point one of the little kids comes and asks me to go outside to play with the dog. i go out there and these five kids ranging from the ages of 5-9 start playing with me and we run to the elementary school close by. it was by far the most fun part of the trip. i didn't worry about not being able to answer any questions or if my chinese was ok. we just played...like kids! once again--like i was a child again! they loved when i took their pictures, so i took a bunch. i just want to share a few. the last one is my favorite--you can already see their individual personalities...so cool!








No comments: